Monday 2 January 2012

hi there haemopoiesis

today we learnt about haemopoiesis. haemo = blood ; poiesis = process of formation and maturation.
related to the formation of blood and the mechanism to process it yada yada yada.
it was FUN because back in matrix I have learnt it too, with the antigen and the marker and the interleukine blablabla. I still remember how Kak Shiqin presented the mechanism of lymphocytes binding with the antigen when we are promoting our 'special sugar' merchandise for our English project. Haha.

But still, I wonder if this feeling of excitement and joy will last when the block ends, and the end block assessment comes looming right over my head? We'll see, we'll see.

***

Yesterday, I've watched the Dream Live 3rd of Tenimyu.
The person who played the main protagonist ; Kotaro Yanagi was involved in a car accident and was in a coma for 2 weeks. He weighed only 30kg at that time. Consequent of the accident is that he suffered extensive damage on his body and vocal cords.

Taken from his book :-


「 The doctor's diagnosis was a cerebral contusion on the left side of the cephalic hood, damage to the brain stem and cerebellum, paralysis due to a subarachnoid hemorrhage, decreased mental status, impairment of higher brain functions....


At this time, I still didn't know what had happened. 



From then on, little by little I was able to respond to things, and even though I was conscious, it wasn't until the New Year had began that I was capable of any form of communication. 



Ever since I'd woken up, I had trouble remembering things, and I couldn't really retain anything new either, so I don't have very many memories of that time. 



I'd find myself staring off into space easily, and I'd close my eyes and loll around. It was hard to keep my balance, and I became unable to regulate my strength or speed. And the smallest things pissed me off. My hands and feet were partially paralyzed, so I wasn't even able to stand up properly. My dominant right hand wouldn't move according to my wishes anymore. My words wouldn't come out right anymore either, I couldn't articulate well. I'd get tired so quickly.... 」


But still, he tries his best in recovering and does physio treatment and rehabilitation with all his might, because he wanted to finish off what he had involved in ; the musical.

and so, he did managed to recover from the accident, but there's a permanent damage to his vocal cord, so when he sings sometimes the tune is not right, he had a very hard time memorise some of the lines while practicing for the musical and he could only dance out the simple choreography. He now exhibits a permanent limp when he walks, and his speech was not as smooth as before.

However, despite of all the hardships,  he successfully managed to make a comeback on the stage, and tries his best performing even though his body wont cooperate like it used to. 

It must be painful to lose the ability that you used to have and cherish. I was trying hard not to let my lacrimal gland to secrete more lacrimal fluid as I watch him perform ;__;

Here's the video of him giving speech for his last perfomance of Tenimyu.


I could not find the right words to express my feelings and amazement T____T..

If it were me.. I doubt that I'll have such strength to fight off the disability. Maybe I'll spend the rest of my life mourning..? Or maybe it'll take me some time to get over the sadness == I don't know :/

This proves that our cerebrum, brainstem, cerebellum and other component plays a major and vital role in our life. Their functions are so intricate, detailed and related, it is impossible for a human to mimic and create such system. SubhanAllah.. We should appreciate and be grateful with our body, health and the precious ability and gift given to us, because we never know ; it might be taken away at the moment you least expected it.


とにかく。。
柳 浩太郎 、がんばって ね!do your best~ ファイト!



No comments:

Post a Comment